Sweet Spot

Nicole Wilson
on 10/1/09 4:37 am - Indianapolis, IN
How do you know when you hit your sweet spot?  I think the realize band holds 10 cc's and I am up to 7 1/2 and I still do not feel restriction.  Where were you when you hit your sweet spot?  I am almost a year out in December.  thanks..
Ashley A.
on 10/1/09 1:34 pm - Dayton, OH
VSG on 06/27/12

Hi, when you've hit your sweet spot you will get full after about 1/2 to 3/4 cup of solid food. You will notice getting full alot quicker and kinda have that feeling of being satisfied. I kinda just knew when I was at my sweet spot. so now that I'm trying to type it out its difficult to explain..lol.. I was banded 9 days before you..I have 9 cc's in my realize since May and would consider this to be my sweet spot. I  had a total of 4 fills..up until I got 9 cc's I didn't feel any restriction at all. How many fills have you had? Do you seem to get stuck a lot or slime? You may even want to re-evaluate what you are eating, to make sure you are eating a lot of solid protein because if you don't you will notice you don't get full quickly like you are supposed to when banded. That was one of my biggest issues until I got optimal restriction because I was eating what is considered to be a slider food. I hope this helps.

Realize Band-12.1.08 Revision to VSG-6.27.12

clovett
on 10/1/09 3:18 pm - farmingdale, NJ
hello ashley, just wondering how much weight have you lost....I was banded in November of 2009 and i'm only at 42 lbs....i feel like i'm a little behind....I have 6.5cc's and and i work out 5 days a week....i don't have any restriction....i'm due for another fill on next thurs....i'm hoping this does the trick.
[link=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcA3oBn/]
[image noborder]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wcA3oBn/weight.png[/image]
[/link]

Nicole Wilson
on 10/1/09 9:20 pm - Indianapolis, IN
I have been banded since 12/08 and I have only lost 35 lbs.  I see that Ashley you have lost 57 lbs that is great.  I wish that I could say the same.  I need to work out more.  I don't work out enough, but I have a husband, a 3 year old, work full time and I go to school full time.  So I am pretty busy.  I just wish that I would hit my sweet spot, but I may have to be banded up to 9 cc's before I feel this way.  thanks..
bacaudill
on 10/2/09 6:53 am
Hi Nicole:

I also know what you mean.  I was banded on Aug 22, 2009.  I have lost a total of 17 lbs and most of that was before sugery during the medifast 2 week pre-op.  I may have lost 2-3 lbs since then.  I had my first fill a week ago on 9/21 and was at 6cc's.  I have felt absolutely no difference whatsoever.  I could eat as much as I want, but I am trying to restrict some.  I don't work out much either as I also work a full time job, communte 2 hours a day and babysit 3-4 days/nights per week.  My daughter and 2 grandchildren live with me and I have to help run them to practices and games each week.  I feel I need more motivation. 

Bev
Ashley A.
on 10/1/09 11:48 pm - Dayton, OH
VSG on 06/27/12
Clovett I have lost a total of 110 lbs..I went into surgery at 454 lbs so I'm losing very quickly compared to someone that weighed 100 lbs less than me going into surgery. Hopefully the next fill will do the trick for you. Good Luck! 
Nicole I definitiely know what its like to have a busy life. I would defintiely go in for another fill if you don't already have one setup. I know with the realize band I have read that it does take longer to gain restricition with it so I would defintiely tell the surgeon that you want them to be aggressive with the fills and give you a little bit more of a fill this time.  Thanks.

Realize Band-12.1.08 Revision to VSG-6.27.12

crystal M.
on 10/2/09 3:52 am - Joliet, IL
Hello
I know what you mean I have been waiting for my sweet spot for months.  Every time I get a fill I think to myself, this will be the one.  I go in for my 5th fill next Friday and I'm counting down the days.  I'm at 8.3 ccs.  I really thought I would be at my sweet spot by now.  I have a friend and she hit her sweet spot on the 3rd fill.  She is soooo lucky.  I guess we just have to be patient.  When I get really frustrated I start questioning my choice to get the band instead of the bypass.  So you're not alone.   
Mel is losing it
on 10/2/09 8:09 am, edited 10/2/09 8:09 am - Lakeport, CA

I'm up to 8.8cc's in an 11cc band and I have just now been feeling that I have been at my sweet spot these past few weeks...although I assume it will not last forever so I am going to keep my next fill appt just in case.

My eyes are now WAY huger than my stomach, so I am starting off with real small portions and then I find myself actually full before I even finish them! I would agree with Ashley that it's between about 1/2 to 3/4 cups of food.  It was frustrating before to get a fill....feel tight for a few days and then lose that tightness.  I would continue seeing your doc and it could even take the smallest fill to get you to that right spot. I also do my best to not drink at all with my meal and wait a while after to start drinking again

Good Luck on your journey! :)

Melissa 11cc Realize Band

Experienced a leak in my port, and had no restriction for over 9 months. Had leak repair surgery on 1/31/11 and am back on my journey again! :)

cfra49
on 10/4/09 6:00 am
Hi,  I got a fill 10/01/09 and am at 9.5cc in a 11cc band.  This has been the first time I have actually felt no hunger and am full in about 1/2 to 3/4 cup.  I was banded May 15, 2009.  I have lost 44 pounds.  I too have questioned if I did the right thing, but now I don't have any questions.  The band will make you have patience.  Ups and downs are normal.  Keep going  -- this really works.

Bless our journey!!!
wildheart63
on 10/6/09 4:04 am - IL

i was at 8cc in my 9cc realize band and i just went in for my 1 year and he put in .4 so now i have 8.4cc in my 9cc band and i have the most beautifull sweet spot ever.....i can eat and dring and be full on about 1/2 to a cup of food....and i know when i am done....and yes the weight is coming off now.

good luck

lori

Most Active